Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 2003 10:23:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
To:        marck@rinet.ru
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Request for Review: bin/54151

On  6 Jul, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> would you please spend a bit of your time to review
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/54151
> [patch to add -i option to arp(8)]?
>
> Thanks in advance; please keep me CC:d as I'm not subscribet to -net.

The first patch looks ok except for the text of the error message at
source line 157.

I don't think the second patch is necessary.  It might be better to
print a error message if no matching arp entries are found, since each
broadcast interface should at least have its own permanent arp entry.
Checking versus the full interface list doesn't do the correct thing in
any case since non-broadcast interfaces like lo0, serial WAN interfaces,
etc., don't have arp entries.  Should
	arp -i lo0 -a
be totally silent, or should it print an error message?