Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 10:58:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brant Katkansky" <brantk@gatekeeper.atlas.com>
To:        jmb@freebsd.org (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NEC 2Xc CD changer supported? [yes, with patches]

[ apologies to -current for crossposting this, but it contains a patch that
should be in -current if it's not already ]

> On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, Brant Katkansky wrote:
> > I take it you're running -current?  Have the patches been applied against
> > the -current tree?  If so, I have -current online, I just don't run it.  I
> > can probably figure out what was done so I can patch my 2.1 kernel.
>
> 	i have the included notes regarding the code changes below.   my
> apologies for not having proper diffs.  at least, the changes are slight
> small, as you can see.

The patches you supplied worked as-is with the NEC 2Xc.  The NEC appears to
return the same vendor ID code as the Nakamichi, so I would assume that they
are functionally the same unit.

I don't know if these patches have made it into -current, but I think they
should.  Can someone with commit privs take care of this?

--
 Brant Katkansky (brantk@atlas.com)
 Systems Test Engineer, ADC