Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:34:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeff Seeman <danger@e-lated.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: atapi_dma while burning Cds with Promise Ata/133 Tx2

Looking at the documentation for the promise 100 controller it states that
if you run an ata raid setup that no cdroms or other than HD devices
should be hooked up to the promise controller.

CDR's do not benefit from the increased bandwidth anyway so hooking it up
to the mainboards ide controller is more than acceptable.

Hope that helps,

Jeff Seeman
Technical Instructor

**** FreeBSD-Advocate ----------------------- jeff@e-lated.org ****