Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2019 15:49:10 -0300
From:      Gustavo Romero <gromero@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
To:        Daniel Benjamin Miller <dbmiller@dbmiller.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building powerpc (32-bit) packages on amd64

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing your recipe and results.

In fact I realized last week that indeed ppc32 binaries don't exist in the
mirrors and I could not find any replacement for them.

I've tried to kick a build of gcc9 on ppc32 G4 and hit a couple of issues which
I was able to work around. I have not tried other packages yet. On of the
issues looks related specific with that kind of build environment, i.e real
G4 HW, so cross-compiling looks a nice alternative.

So yeah, please keep us posted on your progress building the ppc32 binaries on
amd64 :)

Cheers,
Gustavo