Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:38:59 -0500
From:      Daniel Harris <dannyboy@freebsd.org>
To:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Everybuddy problem

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 05:14:44PM -0500, Brandon Fosdick wrote:
> I just cvsupped and rebuilt/installed world this morning. Afterwards
> running everybuddy produces "bind: Address already in use". So I
-snip-

That would be bind(2), not bind the nameserver gizmo.

Everybuddy creates a socket name eb_socke in the .everybuddy directory...

Removing this before starting everybuddy works around the problem.

Looking at the code I find eb_socket and not eb_socke mentioned...
that's probably the angle I'd look at if I knew anything about code.

I mailed jim a few days ago about this, FWIW. Should probably take up
with the people that actually put everybuddy out.

--
Daniel Harris