Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 2004 16:20:22 -0500
From:      Tom McLaughlin <tmclaugh@sdf.lonestar.org>
To:        Tom Connolly <tomc@cqg.com>
Cc:        'Freebsd-Ports' <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: gtksourceview-sharp

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 14:03 -0700, Tom Connolly wrote:
> Tom McLaughlin wrote:

> >> Hi Tom,
> >> I tried the following lists:
> >> Mono-devel, mono-list, monodevelop, frebsd-questions and
> >> freebsd-ports.
> >
> > Cool, I need to keep a better eye on these lists.
> >
> >> Thanks for your advice, I will subscribe to bsd-sharp-list.  I still
> >> haven't been able to get this installed correctly but I will keep
> >> trying.
> >>

> > On the main project page of the site download mono-merge.tar.gz .
> > Install and run the script then do the usual portupgrade to update to
> > the latest versions of all things Mono.  Then install x11-
> > toolkits/gtksourceview-sharp.  It should install fine from the port.
> >
> >> Thanks again,
> >> Tom
>
> Tom,
> You have been a HUGE help.  I will get this installed this evening.
> Do I need to uninstall the current mono implementation or do anything
> special as far as that goes?
> Thanks again for your help,
>
> Tom

After running the mono-merge script (mono-merge.tar.gz off of the main
page) just do:

portupgrade -ar mono-\*

Mono 1.0.4 ports were just committed last night so you'll be up to date
with the latest version.  Email bsd-sharp-list if you run into any
problems.  All should be good though.  The ports aren't perfect, Mono
still has a lot of problems on FreeBSD, but things are being worked on.
Thanks.

Tom

--

BSD# Project - Porting Mono to FreeBSD