Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:12:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tony Kimball <Anthony.Kimball@East.Sun.COM>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu
Cc:        Anthony.Kimball@East.Sun.COM, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (over)zealous mail bouncing

Quoth John Fieber on Thu, 24 July:
:
: Maybe I missed something here, but there is a big difference
: between having a valid name for the posting machine and having a
: valid name in the return address.  Rejecting mail for the latter
: case seems perfectly acceptable to me.  Bouncing because of the
: former is a bit more problematic.

Nah, I was the one missing something.  I had not realized that
the issue was limited to refusing a port connection from an
unidentifiable peer.  If that is the case, my point, while still
valid and correct, is entirely mooted.  (Unfortunately the spam
countermeasure is almost entirely 'mooted' as well.)