Date:      07 Jul 2002 23:09:06 +0200
From:      Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq-CC, the next steps....

Am Son, 2002-07-07 um 23.01 schrieb Terry Lambert:

> If you wanted to build everything, one at a time, to see what could
> be built, then all you'd have to do is set it in /etc/make.conf.  8-).

I think that will get you into deep trouble unless you do in on a
machine which is only ment for testing. I tried to compile libogg and
libvorbis with the ccc - at first it looked really good an did install
flawless. But when I then tried install ports depending on one of the
libs (can't remember exactly which) I got errors because of missing
.so's. So, some real testing will be needed.

So far I have build and checked four ports (wget, emboss, mmosaic, rxvt)
and they seem to work well. But only emboss seems to be worth it, since
it has some pretty FP intensive programs. What ports are most worth
compiling with ccc? Floating point intesive one are top priority, I
guess - which would that be?

Jan