Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:49:06 +1000 (EST)
From:      Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@citec.qld.gov.au>
To:        Randy Smith <randys@amigo.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Router questions

Hi,

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Randy Smith wrote:

> What did I miss that is preventing me from getting across the fbsd router?

Your setup on fbsd looks okay to me. However, you haven't given any
information about gw1 and gw2. Do their netmasks match that of fbsd? Do
they have appropriate routes? gw1 must have a route back to
192.168.69.52/30 via fbsd's .50 interface. Similarly gw2 needs either a
default route via fbsd's .53 address (plus correct netmask) or an explicit
route to 192.168.48/30, again via fbsd's .53 address.

Colin
--
Colin Campbell
Unix Support/Postmaster/Hostmaster