Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:44:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mitch@ccmr.cornell.edu>
To:        "E. Scott Larsen" <larsene@cs.unc.edu>
Cc:        afs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: afs?

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, E. Scott Larsen wrote:

> I can't seem to find any information about afs on freebsd.  I just need
> a client.  The arla port doesn't build (marked broken).  Searching the
> mailing list archives reveals infrequent questions over the last 10
> years, but I couldn't identify any answers.  Can anyone help me?

Probably others can answer in a more detailed way, but freebsd if one
of the primary os's supported by the arla folks.  I don't know about the
port but I guarantee you arla has a working client.  If the port is broken
just build it from source.  Maybe there is a vacancy for a port maintainer?

The OpenAFS client has been in the works and I'm sure someone will correct
me if I'm mistaken but I don't believe it is ready for prime time yet.

-Mitch