Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:01:38 +0100
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: advice please

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:49:21 +0100
Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.stable@melvyn.homeunix.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 December 2005 21:36, dick hoogendijk wrote:
>
> > I used to be able to play (windows) mplayer2 files and *.mov files
> > with my native mozilla browser and mplayerplug-in installed. Lately
> > that does not work anymore. Mozilla just crashes, firefox starts up
> > the mplayerplug-in and than stops (hangs).
>
> Did this start after upgrading firefox to 1.5?
> Related:
> does:
> find /usr/X11R6/include/firefox /usr/X11R6/include/mozilla -type f \
> -print |xargs grep nsPluginThread
>
> yield any results?

I can't remember if the firefox upgrade was related. I _do_ upgrade
both browsers if portupgrade says there is a newer version. I do have
the latest firefox installed also.

The results for the above find command:

/usr/X11R6/include/mozilla/oji/nsIThreadManager.h:typedef struct
_nsPluginThread
nsPluginThread; /usr/X11R6/include/mozilla/oji/nsIThreadManager.h:
GetCurrentThread(nsPluginThread* *threadID) =
0; /usr/X11R6/include/mozilla/oji/nsJVMManager.h:
GetCurrentThread(nsPluginThread* *threadID);

</end of command>

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.0 ++ The Power to Serve