Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 1997 11:49:30 -0700
From:      Chris Stefanetti <chris@tpi.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Assigning ip address to FreeBSD host

Hi Everyone,
	this may sound rudimentary but---How do I assign an IP address to my
FreeBSD machine? I set the IP in sysconfig to the NIC which is
being autodetected as ed1. So I've set ed1 to 192.168.1.4 which is the
address I want to use.
Do I have to change anything in any other files?
The host file? This is a bit confusing since what I want to do is just
have it on my local net and call it "boogie" The host file examples show
names which include . like myname.domainname.net or something like that.
could someone send me a simple example of a working sysconfig and hosts
file and anyother config files I may need to get this thing on my net.
right now I would be very happy to just be able to telnet to it...
		Thanks ---Chris