Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 1995 16:52:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        cshenton@apollo.hq.nasa.gov (Chris Shenton)
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony CDU-76S CDROM -- need SCSI command set (?)

SONY believe they know better..

so they didn't impliment the standard SCSI-2 audio commands
but used their own..

(I mean no-one uses these devices without BIOS support right?)

I THINK there may be a version of one of the cd player packeges
(I forget which) that uses the scsi(4) interface to do
direct scsi commands to the device. it possibly knows about the sony.
(but I can't guarantee it)