Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 21:57:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rich Wales <richw@webcom.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@aciri.org>
Cc:        bmilekic@technokratis.com, luigi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: if_ed.c && BRIDGE

Luigi wrote:

    > Try the following patch: near line 2209 of if_ed.c
    > -       if ((len > sizeof(struct ed_ring)) &&
    > +       if ((len > ETHER_HDR_LEN + sizeof(struct ed_ring)) &&

I did, and it appears to avoid panics.  I downloaded 400 MB worth of
data just now, over my home DSL line, through a bridge cluster with
an "ed" card; the files were transferred correctly, and the bridge
didn't crash.

I got four "NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length" messages.
Three of these messages reported a packet length of 18; one reported
a length of 10.

I'll try running my download test in a loop overnight and make sure
it doesn't crash.

Rich Wales         richw@webcom.com         http://www.webcom.com/richw/