Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 08:41:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      malte@webmore.com
To:        Heiko Schaefer <hschaefer@fto.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: succeeded !

On 14-Jun-98 Heiko Schaefer wrote:
> I now got i4b 0.62 running on FreeBSD-2.2.6-STABLE with a creatix nonpnp
> card :)
> my best regards and thanks to the authors of i4b - the package is great!
>
> if i hadn't screwed up my whole lan, it would have worked almost on
> first try, which is great considering my experience with unix systems.
> my (main) problem was, that i still had a dns running on my old router (on
> which bisdn ran), which seems to have caused some weird lookups.
>
> right now i'm still a bit puzzled about why the defaultroute won't get
> deleted by 'sh /etc/rc.isdn stop'

This will do the trick (you know how to apply a patch ???):

*** etc/rc.isdn-PPP.orig        Fri Feb 27 09:29:55 1998
--- etc/rc.isdn-PPP     Mon Jun 15 08:18:44 1998
***************
*** 67,72 ****
--- 67,73 ----
                ifconfig ipr1 down
                ifconfig isppp0 down
                ifconfig isppp1 down
+               route delete default
                exit 0
  fi

> , and why natd doesnt know what to do
> when i dial up again and get a new ip (even though i started it with
> -dynamic)... but i think that will sort itself out eventually :-)

Send natd a HUP everytime your dynamic IP changes.
Lately i discovered that named also needs a HUP on a change of dynamic
IP's, but don't know why.

Malte.

E-Mail: malte@webmore.com