Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 1995 00:21:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      "H. Jared Agnew" <jagnew@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP over modem

Question:
	I have been trying for a few days to get my modem to connect to
my ISP with freebsd.  I have been told that kermit was the way to go.  I
have kermit and have it compiled.  It works and I can get to a shell
account on my ISP.  I have a ppp acount and I dont know what to do to get
access it.  I have tried an array of things sudgested on IRC but to no
avail.  If you connect to an ISP with a modem and have a ppp acount.
Will you please write me with detailed instructions on how you've done
it.
I have ppp stuff compiled in and pppd works, I just dont know what to do
next.  I have my own IP from my ISP.  Thanks for any help.  I have looked
on the www.freebsd.org handbook pages and still couldn't get it to work.
Please help..

---  Jared
--jared@vt.edu

Sorry about spelling, must be line noise over my ethernet connection!

|  H. Jared Agnew  |  jared@vt.edu   |      |  __|   |  __|
|  http://csugrad.cs.vt.edu/~jagnew  |      | |__    | |__
|       phone : (540) 232-4438       |      | ___|   |___ |
|          alias : killdash9         |      | |__     __| |