Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2012 18:42:17 +0400
From:      S.N.Grigoriev <serguey-grigoriev@yandex.ru>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CLang and WERROR

Hi, list

I've found out that CLang requires again NO_WERROR= and WERROR= statements in /etc/src.conf to build kernel from fresh sources. Older sources (at least up to June 4) did not require that. The following error occures:

clang -O2 -pipe -nostdinc -I/usr/include -I. -I/usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm -std=gnu99  -Wsystem-headers -Werror -Wall -Wno-format-y2k -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -Wswitch -Wshadow -Wunused-parameter -Wcast-align -Wno-pointer-sign  -o aicasm aicasm.o aicasm_symbol.o aicasm_gram.o aicasm_macro_gram.o aicasm_scan.o aicasm_macro_scan.o -ll
clang: error: argument unused during compilation: '-nostdinc'
*** [aicasm] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.
*** [buildkernel] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** [buildkernel] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

Is such a behaviour normal and expected?

Thanks,
Serguey.