Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 1996 19:28:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To:        Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netscape and 2.1.5

On Sun, 25 Aug 1996, Sean Eric Fagan wrote:

> I'm currently using Netscape-gold 3.0b8, although I've also tried their 3.0
> release version (in both cases, the x86-unknown-bsd version).

You might try using the non-gold version.  It's not like you lose much.

> I have a couple of problems running it:
>
> 1.  It complains about syntax errors and missing keysyms, even when I use
> the netscape-supplied XKeysymDB file.  A sample:

Are you certain you have the XKeysymDB file in the right place?
Theoretically, you can put the XKeysymDB file anywhere and just set
$XKEYSYMDB to its location, but I seem to recall that this didn't work
for me.  You should create the directory /usr/lib/X11/ and copy the
supplied XKeysymDB file there.

> 2.  The other problem is that it does not recognize my backspace or delete
> key, which, given that I am not a perfect typist, does cause problems ;).

This is, of course, because it can't find the XKeysymDB file.  When #1 is
fixed, #2 will quitely go away.  :)

Or, you can just get used to using the mouse to select the mistyped
character and replacing it.  :)

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk