Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2009 02:39:17 -0600
From:      Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        Akenner <SlackWareWolf@comcast.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Playing audio CDs

On Feb 7, 2009, at 4:19 PM, Polytropon wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 13:28:46 -0500, Akenner
> <SlackWareWolf@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> In order to play an audio CD, you can utilize the cdcontrol command
> included in the base system:
>
> 	% cdcontrol play
>
> Refer to "man cdcontrol" for further options and eventually how to
> specify the CD device (if needed).

One thing that I don't think I've read but personally encountered.
When using cdcontrol, it seems to tell the cd-rom drive to play the
disc so it's not really done in software.  If the audio cable from the
cd-rom drive is not connected to the motherboard you won't get sound.
For the vast majority of users this is a non-issue, but it be confusing
to figure out.