Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:21:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Steve Watt <steve@Watt.COM>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mergmaster major weirdness

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Steve Watt wrote:

> I just did a fresh update to -stable for the syncookie problem (and it's
> been gosh, more than 2 months uptime on that box!), and besides the ATA
> tags brokenness issue, I ran over another interesting problem.
>
> It appears that mergemaster *missed* a couple of files

	The code in mergemaster that handles these comparisons is very
simple.

for COMPFILE in `find . -type f -size +0`; do

Therefore, if the files existed, and were of size greater than zero,
mergemaster would have showed them to you. Lots of things are possible,
such as you hitting 'd' twice instead of once, bugs in find, bugs in
/usr/src/etc/Makefile....

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?