Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 22:02:02 -0600
From:      "Jan L. Peterson" <jlp@runbox.com>
To:        Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, bugs@freebsd.org, davidn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whence Stallion support for -Stable?

> I am willing (and I hope able!) to provide a jumbo patch to tie all
> these pieces together and update this driver in a manner that should
> be easy for a comitter to commit to -Stable.

If you can do that, I for one would be greatly appreciative.

I've been running with my Stallion board in production since that PR
was submitted, and have not been able (well, have not felt safe) to
update the system (as we're using it heavily for faxing), so it's still
at 4.1.1.

Also, due to the recent purchase of my division (flipdog.com) from
WhizBang! Labs, I'm not sure how much longer that tarball is going to
stay on www.whizbang.com.

I'd really like someone to "do the right thing" with the stallion
driver, but unfortunately, for me it was a do or die situation (we had
bought the stallion board before discovering that the supplied driver
was old old old, and then had to make it work).  There is currently no
pressure for me to fix the PR to make it more "acceptable" :-) as the
server *is* running and pumping out faxes like there is no tomorrow.

	-jan-
--
Jan L. Peterson         FlipDog.com                tel. +1 801 418 7815
Sr. Systems Admin       3210 N Canyon Rd, Ste 300  fax  +1 801 818 0879