Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:35:58 -0500
From:      "Bucky Jordan" <bjordan@lumeta.com>
To:        <gayn.winters@bristolsystems.com>, "Alex Zbyslaw" <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Dell 1900 and SATA

> > >Note the PERC5 is an option board for RAID support.

I've got a 2950 here with the Perc5i and SAS drives running 6.1-RELEASE
amd64. Everything seems to run fine, but there are some issues with the
bce driver, and it can't handle multiple raid volumes, but I hear these
are fixed in 6.2, I just haven't gotten around to doing an upgrade yet.

I believe we also have some 1950's running 6.2-stable without problems,
I believe they're using SAS drives. I don't think the 1950's are using
the Perc controller.=20

You might also try searching the archives in -hardware and -stable, I've
seen some past posts relating to recent Dell servers- you might find
something of interest.

HTH,

Bucky