Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 20:24:36 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        fcawth@squid.umd.edu (Fred Cawthorne)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with 2.0.5-Alpha and SMC Elite Ultra Combo's BNC???

>Has something changed with the ed0 driver using the SMC Elite 16C Ultra
>combo card??  I get "device timeouts" when I try to use the thing with

   Yes; when the kernel is configured for the board to be at a specific irq,
the board must be at that irq or you'll get the timeouts. The previous
behavior was to always assume that the soft-configed irq that was read from
the board was the irq to use. This caused the driver to be quite broken for
people using the "hard" settings. You can have the old behavior if you specify
"irq ?" in the config file or 0 or -1 in userconfig (-c at bootup).

-DG