Date:      Sun, 2 May 1999 21:06:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      A.Leidinger@Wurzelausix.CS.Uni-SB.de
To:        vallo@matti.ee
Cc:        peter@netplex.com.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCM

On  2 May, Vallo Kallaste wrote:

> The sound broke for me between Apr.20 and 21. My onboard Vibra16X
> doesn't work either with pcm or Voxware drivers. Voxware complains
> about second DMA (1/3) and pcm just simply emits silence. Apr.20
> kernel works well.

FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT #6: Sun Apr 25 20:08:42 CEST 1999
sb0 at port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa0
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
sb0: interrupting at irq 5
sbxvi0 at drq 5 on isa0
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>

It's not onboard.

Voxware works for me.
pcm is able to produce something I'm not able to recognize, because it's
to short in time, even if the audiofile has  data for more than one
minute (cat something >/dev/dsp{W,}).

Bye,
Alexander.

--