Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:50:44 -0700
From:      Travis Cole <tcole@nihilist.org>
To:        Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Converting Sun Automounter maps

Am-utils http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~ezk/am-utils/ comes with
a nice perl script called automount2amd that does a fine job of
converting sun automount maps to amd maps.

At work we have Solaris, Linux, and FreeBSD all hapily automounting and
talking nis.

I did have to hack automount2amd so FreeBSD defaults to nfsv2 otherwise
Linux freaks (I'm guessing it thinks it can talk nfsv3, but then when it
tries things don't work out).

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 09:08:58AM -0500, Stephen Hocking wrote:
> I've stumbling into the wonderful world of auto-mounting, and trying to
> convert some maps from a Sun box to the FreeBSD format. I have amd.conf set up
> OK as per the man page, but keep on getting errors when changing into the
> relevant directorys (like amd can't find an appropriate match). Has anyone
> been down this path?
>

> 	Stephen
> --
>   The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.
>
>     "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
>      the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
>      this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California

--tcole