Date:      Tue, 06 Oct 1998 15:05:05 +0600
From:      Konstantin Chuguev <joy@urc.ac.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Web Site: Spanish FAQ has EUC-JP charset in the HTML <META>

Hi.

Browsing multilingual pages of the FreeBSD Web site, I discovered that
http://www.freebsd.org/es/FAQ/FAQ.html, written in Spanish, has
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=EUC-JP"> inside.

I think this is not correct. One should use iso-8859-1 for Spanish.

By the way, I am mirroring the FreeBSD WWW site to my MultiWeb server
(a multilingual extension of Apache with multiple charsets support).
The server is configured so that it appends the correct "; charset=..." name
to the Content-Type header for all English, Spanish (both iso-8859-1) and Japanese
(euc-jp) pages.

You can see http://www.freebsd.urc.ac.ru/
MultiWeb project home page is http://multiweb.urc.ac.ru/

Please write me directly, as I am not subscribed to the freebsd-questions.

Best regards.
--
	Konstantin V. Chuguev.		System administrator of Southern
	http://www.urc.ac.ru/~joy/	Ural Regional Center of FREEnet,