Date:      Thu, 09 Jul 1998 09:51:00 -0600
From:      "Michael K. Sanders" <msanders@aros.net>
To:        smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com (Dag-Erling Coidan Sm rgrav)
Cc:        sbabkin@dcn.att.com, mike@smith.net.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NIC drivers

In message <rx44swrysxk.fsf@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>, Dag-Erling Coidan Sm rgr
av writes:
>sbabkin@dcn.att.com writes:
>> > (160 kbps). Gimme an Intel EtherExpress.
>> Sure, _now_, when you can get 100Mbps EtherExpress for
>> the same money, nobody would buy 3c509. But a few years ago
>Half the money, if the reports I've heard of EtherExpress cards
>retailing at $50 are reliable.

You've always[1] been able to get EtherExpress 100 cards for $50-- you
could get two 100B cards directly from Intel for $49 ea. through their
"evaluation program"[2], and numerous mail order companies currently
have the 100B and 100+ for < $50.

1: or at least for a very long time, now.
2: http://www.intel.com/network/ee100/eval/index.htm