Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:59:35 +0100
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports-list freebsd <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Xournal: Please, help me with my first port
References:  <4D39FEBA.3000806@janh.de> <AANLkTimSe3wBQ_FPdfDtgcLH-bDXsDfX2AZ3hsD5Xff4@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTinU4rCAhgW2=3eNTPgPdftPDn8KiBF_ORGmVqtX@mail.gmail.com> <4D3AF40E.7090301@janh.de> <AANLkTikfWUSXoH6QOkZ=z43CvhDsTy_hZPfToM1tgMTN@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTi=VBLx9=hd0Cf-h1rTJAt61m4Mm%2B6x_sib9WAQm@mail.gmail.com> <4D3C565A.7060009@janh.de> <AANLkTikRyXM7qxbLDrhsJaRrnvCtSh3x4TZqD2SjChS2@mail.gmail.com>

On 01/23/2011 17:35, Chris Rees wrote:
> On 23 January 2011 16:24, Jan Henrik Sylvester<me@janh.de>  wrote:
>> On 01/23/2011 11:42, Chris Rees wrote:
>>>
>>> Take a look at the new patch so far; I'm still working on Busybox at
>>> the moment, so I'm afraid I can't step too much more through it, but
>>
>> Just a question about what you did so far: Why the
>> "CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--prefix=${PREFIX}"? I have tested with a different PREFIX
>> before and it was successful -- that is what the second part of the
>> REINPLACE accomplished. What does your line improve?
>>
>> Or is it a first step, if I wanted to make the port DATADIR-safe?

Should I include that line?

(I have just retested: The port installs to the correct PREFIX without
that line and seems to be working fine.)

>> I believe that it is correct what portlint says: "If and only if your port
>> is DATADIR-safe (that is, a user can override DATADIR when building this
>> port and the port will still work correctly) consider using DATADIR macro;
>> if you are unsure if this port is DATADIR-safe, then ignore this warning".
>> Thus, there should not be DATADIR in my pkg-plist as long as the port is not
>> DATADIR-safe.
>>

> Perhaps you should ignore the portlint warnings and leave it as
> share/xournal then.

Thanks.

BTW: I am going to ignore your capitalization of "makefile" in the first
line, too, since it is non-capitalized in the porters handbook and 20210
over 240 ports go for the non-capitalized variant.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik