Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:30:49 -0800
From:      Ryan O'Neill <ryanlists@hostbaby.com>
To:        Andy Harrison <ah40@httpsite.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mod_php

On Wednesday 19 March 2003 12:07 pm, Andy Harrison wrote:
> How would I go about installing this WITH postgres support, but WITHOUT it
> downloading and installing postgres on the server?

We ran into the same thing and what we ended up doing was removing the
LIB_DEPENDS line for postgres in mod_php4's scripts/configure.php file.
Automated in an install script, it looks something like this:

cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
cp scripts/configure.php scripts/configure.php.orig
sed -e 's/^.*LIB_DEPENDS.*POSTGRESQL.*$//' scripts/configure.php.orig \
  > scripts/configure.php
make -DBATCH PHP4_OPTIONS='\"PostgreSQL\"' install

Once you remove/comment out that line, you should be able to compile PHP
without it trying to install the postgresql port.  Also remember: cvsuping
your ports will overwrite this change.

--
HOSTBABY.COM - web hosting for musicians
Ryan O'Neill - ryan@hostbaby.com