Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 1995 10:50:10 -0500
From:      peter@taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
Subject:   Variety of FreeBSD 2.0.5 problems...

Well, 2.0.5 is nice in that more applications work, but it's got some problems.
I had one unexplained lockup (blank screen, nothing in syslog) yesterday. Also,
my XFree86 configuration as a Farenheit 1280+ didn't work, I had to fall back
to 1280 mode (it "works", but all the colors are off). And of course a couple
of patches were missing (you've all heard about them)... this means I don't
get to run in 16bpp mode. Any ideas?

Also, Netscape and Mosaic both die when I paste into their "Open" entries. Is
that a bummer or what? Netscape gets a signal 11... Mosaic abort()s.

The ports setup is totally cool. The way it picks up dependencies is great.
It really should abort if it can't find one, though.

Anyone working on getting a more recent wine ported to FreeBSD? Looks like
the sigcontext structure needs to have a couple of new fields to support
some new emulated instructions.

Thanks to Piero for offering to mirror my 1.1.5.1 pages. Accepted, and I'll
start tarring stuff up this weekend some time.