Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:45:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Dirk Froemberg <dirk@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>, Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>, "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, greg@greg.rim.or.jp, sumikawa@FreeBSD.ORG, hetzels@westbend.net, ache@FreeBSD.ORG, winter@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, asami@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache13-php4

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Dirk Froemberg wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 11:28:01AM +0100, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > Not as of Apache-SSL 1.40: DSO support has been added.
>
> Ah, that sounds good...
>
> So it would be possible to create a "mod_apache-ssl" (the name is just
> an example) that is configured via apxs similar to the other mod_*
> ports, i. e. depend on apache13? Would it conflict with mod_ssl or
> could "mod_apache-ssl" and mod_ssl be installed both?
>
> If so apache13-ssl could be replaced by "mod_apache-ssl" and thus
> fit into the new apache ports scheme.

Thats really going to depend in what sort of patches apache-ssl requires
you to make against apache13.  If they are the same as the patches
required by mod_ssl then it should be pretty straightforward to support 2
different SSL modules.  If they are different but non-conflicting then I
could see little real problem.  If they are conflicting then I'm not sure
how to resolve the problem.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |