Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:32:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk
Subject:   Re: ports/12463: Update: Fvwm2 to 2.2.2

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> > don't believe that legislating the use of articles at the beginning of the
> > sentence adds utility in comparison to the pita factor of trying to
> > enforce it.
>
> The PITA factor of enforcing the lack thereof is pretty low.  :)

	Well there is already one port author who got pretty thoroughly
disgusted over the nit-picking about his COMMENTS file, so actually I
wasn't really referring to your pain here.

	What it boils down to is that your idea of readability is very
different from mine. I would make the argument that my perspective is
more that of a casual user, and therefore it is more desirable to leave
things as they are. Whether you hold that argument to be sufficient or not
is entierly up to you.

	I think that rather than asking, "Why should this remain as it
is?" the better question is, "What will be gained by changing it?" I have
yet to see an argument to that point other than, "It would look better if
they are all the same," which I disagree with (in this instance) purely on
spec. If I have missed some other part of your argument, my apologies.

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter