Date:      Sun, 02 May 1999 16:03:43 -0400
From:      John Robert LoVerso <john@loverso.southborough.ma.us>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Our routed - Vern says it's old and buggy.

Garrett Wollman speaks the truth when he says:
> > I can't quite figure why they stuck the word "open" in there, because it
> > couldn't possibly be more open than RIP.
>
> Because a previous link-state (aka shortest-path-first) routing
> protocol had been deployed which was not.

I can't believe the amount of FUD on this issue.  Read what Garrett says
above because it is the reason for the "O" in OSPF.  OSPF was developed by
the IETF 10 years ago in response to the proprietary link-state routing
protocol of a large router vender.

John