Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:08:10 -0400
From:      David Sledge <dsledge@appriss.com>
To:        David Sledge <dsledge@appriss.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org, Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
Subject:   Re: Q) eclipse 3.2 (Callisto)

Eclipse 3.2 fixed for amd64. Give it another try. After I fixed the
"SWT_PTR_CFLAGS=-DSWT_PTR_SIZE_64" I was still having the same error.
After a lot of debugging in the C and Java code it was found that a
32bit swt library was being loaded. Eclipse on initial startup copies
the swt library to your <home>/<user>/.eclipse directory from the
eclipse install directory. So when I tried to run it before patching the
"SWT_PTR_CFLAGS=-DSWT_PTR_SIZE_64" flag it copied the broken swt library
into that directory. After deleting the <home>/<user>/.eclipse directory
and starting eclipse again it copied the right (fixed) swt library over.
This library is a shared object so I am not sure why it needs to place a
copy in the users home directory. Anyways, When you try the new
eclipse.shar file you should also delete your <home>/<user>/.eclipse
directory to make sure any old broken libraries are removed so the new
ones will be placed there. Let me know if you have any problems.

http://www.freshdevonrails.com/eclipse.shar