Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2014 02:39:31 -0800
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
To:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD-10.1-RELEASE-powerpc-powerpc64-disc1.iso burned to a CD and used to boot: PowerMac G5's still hang

FreeBSD-10.1-RELEASE-powerpc-powerpc64-disc1.iso burned to a CD and used =
to boot a PowerMac G5 hangs at the repeating -, \, |, / sequence (after =
displaying "loading /boot/defaults/loader.conf"), stopping with / I =
think it was. So it is unclear if it might be the first / from =
/boot/kernel/kernel. The fans spin up after a while.

This is not new. Nathan Whitehorn reproduced the problem back in late =
July with a 10.0-STABLE vintage and wrote:

> Interesting. It seems loader is broken. I just tried with a =
10.0-STABLE image and can reproduce the problem -- 11 oddly is OK. What =
really perplexes me is that the powerpc and powerpc64 loaders are =
identical, since loader is built 32-bit in either case. Super weird. =
[...]
> -Nathan

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard