Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 1997 14:53:26 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
To:        Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd@iafrica.com, danielc@iafrica.com
Subject:   Re: Fingering other servers broken in 2.2 and -current ?

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Dave Andersen wrote:

>   To disable T/TCP with finger, supply the "-T" option to finger:
>   finger -T user@some-non-FreeBSD-host

Great! This solved the "problem", but I guess the problem lies with the
Linux box I was trying to finger. I've just set the finger environment
variable to -T, because the majority of hosts I would finger around the
office aren't FreeBSD boxes.

I guess I should have tried the man page first - it does say it quite
clearly :-(

"-T    Disable the use of T/TCP (see ttcp(4)).  This option is needed to
       finger hosts with a broken TCP implementation."

Thanks for all the comments, guys. Now I know why I run FreeBSD - because
of the great help :-)

---
Khetan Gajjar         [ http://www.iafrica.com/~khetan]
I'm a FreeBSD User!   [     http://www.freebsd.org    ]