Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 2010 09:31:08 +0100
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Subject:   Re: New mutt-devel problems with text/html processing

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 11:26:06AM -0500, Bob Willcox wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 06:51:38AM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 08:22:09AM -0500, Bob Willcox wrote:
> > > The new version of mutt-devel nolonger honors my mailcap entry to invoke lynx
> > > when it encounters a text/html file type. Instead it simply displays the raw
> > > html text. According to their UPDATING file, they say:
> > >
> > >     "all text/* parts can be displayed inline without mailcap"
> > >
> > > Which is suspiciously in the realm of the problem I'm seeing.
> > >
> > > Perhaps there's now some other way of displaying text/html files w/o mailcap
> > > and an external program that I'm missing?
> >
> > Looks relevant, with a response from Michael Elkins explaining the
> > change:
> >
> > http://marc.info/?t=128477093300004&r=1&w=2
> >
> > Basically, it appears that as of 1.5.21, mutt only displays text/* MIME
> > types using its own internal engine.  If you want the old behaviour,
> > when selecting the attachment/entry, press "m".
> >
> > Personally I don't like this change, but I'll deal with it.
>
> Thanks Jeremy, that was it. Guess I'll just have to get used to pressing 'm'
> now.

I missed the beginning of this thread. I had mutt-devel until
about a week ago, when, after some update, it became extremely
slow. For example, using just /var/mail it would take 10 seconds
or more to move from one message to another in index. The same
delay for opening messages in pager. The size of messages was
same as before, mostly 2-3 lines with occasional attachment.

Anyway, I rolled back to mutt-1.4.2.3_5, which works fine.

This has probably nothing to do with the Subject, just
thought perhaps somebody else seen a significant slow down
after the update?

many thanks
anton
Sorry if this has nothin