Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 2009 15:16:10 +0100
From:      "Arjan van Leeuwen" <freebsd-maintainer@opera.com>
To:        "Doug Barton" <dougb@freebsd.org>, "Claude Buisson" <clbuisson@orange.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's going on at Opera ? or is it only me ?

Op Fri, 04 Dec 2009 06:49:23 +0100 schreef Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>:

> Claude Buisson wrote:
>> 2) Today, I installed Opera 10.10 on a FreeBSD 7.2 system, and now the
>> IPv6
>> connectivity is lost !!
>>
>> On the same system:
>>
>> Opera show me the "Network problem" screen, saying that
>> http://ipv6.google.com/
>> in unavailable, and
>>
>> Firefox connects perfectly to http://ipv6.google.com/
>>

>> So, am I a perfect idiot, or Opera is unable to produce a working
>> browser (at
>> least for FreeBSD) ?
>
> I can't comment intelligently about the library issues, but inre the
> IPv6 problems there are reports on another (non-FreeBSD) list that
> Opera is having problems in this area. It's not 100% clear what the
> problems were, although they seem to have been related to how Opera
> was preferring Teredo even when better options were available. It's
> also not 100% clear to me what the "fix" applied to the latest version
> was, although the rumor is that they simply changed it to prefer IPv4.
>
> Sorry to reply with sketchy information, but I wanted you to know that
> you were not alone. :)

This is correct. There was a problem in Opera for users who had both IPv6
and IPv4 connections on *nix systems, for which we needed an immediate
solution, because URLs that were reachable through both IPv4 and IPv6 were
no longer working in Opera. We are aware of current problems with IPv6
addresses in Opera 10.10 (which were a result of the fix for that), and
this will be fixed ASAP.

Arjan van Leeuwen
Opera Software

http://www.opera.com/mail/