Date:      Tue, 21 Jun 2016 07:37:30 -0700
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Looking for libvgl users

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 09:33:11 -0400 Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org> wrote

> Prompted by a recent discussion of the vt(4) console I would like to
> send this query to -stable. When posted to -current about 1.5 years
> ago it received only one private reply pointing out an example vgl(3)
> consumer. Please see the original request and let me know if you use
> vgl(3).
FWIW I ran a quick
# cd /usr/ports; find . | xargs grep vgl
Which returned quite a few entries, as well as unrelated.
In case it helps. Some of the possibly notable ones include:
/devel/sdl12
/korean/man-doc/pkg-plist:share/man/ko_KR.eucKR/man3/vgl.3.gz
/games/digger-vgl
/japanese/groff/files/mdoc.local.in:.ds str-Lb-libvgl      Video Graphics
Library (libvgl, \-lvgl)
/misc/compat4x
/misc/compat5x
/misc/compat6x
/misc/compat7x
/x11/virtualgl

There were also matches in binary files; jdk, gnome(2|3), xorg, teX,
and ghostscript. But I didn't pursue it any further.

--Chris