Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:45:37 -0700
From:      Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>
To:        Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what's vnlru?

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 07:08:50PM +0000, Rasputin wrote:

> Any ideas?

I noticed it during shutdown a while back, and found this.

revision 1.332
date: 2001/12/18 20:48:53;  author: dillon;  state: Exp;  lines: +74 -8
This is a forward port of Peter's vlrureclaim() fix, with some minor mods
by me to make it more efficient.  The original code had serious balancing
problems and could also deadlock easily.  This code relegates the vnode
reclamation to its own kproc and relaxes the vnode reclamation requirements
to better maintain kern.maxvnodes.  This code still doesn't balance as well
as it could, but it does a much better job then the original code.

Approved by:    re@freebsd.org
Obtained from:  ps, peter, dillon
MFS Assuming:   Assuming no problems crop up in Yahoo testing
MFC after:      7 days

--
Chad David        davidc@acns.ab.ca
www.FreeBSD.org   davidc@freebsd.org