Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:04:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, dyson@iquest.net, dick@tar.com, jplevyak@inktomi.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: lockf and kernel threads

:
:>    Little things like, ohhhhh disabling interrupts.  Accessing the MMU
:
:And I supposed that we can not provide a mechanism or layer to deliver
:AST which does not require disabling interrupts, etc...
:
:	Amancio

    Not unless you want to rewrite the kernel.  But it's actually more the
    inability to access the MMU, cache control, and other priv instructions
    that pretty much trashes the usefullness of ring 1 & 2.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>