Date:      Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:00:27 +0200
From:      David Landgren <david@landgren.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Suggestions for a wireless card for an HP Omnibook XE3

Hello List,

I have an HP Omnibook XE3 running 5.4-STABLE, and all is well.

I'm now looking at buying a PCMCIA wireless card for it. I've looked
through /etc/defaults/pccard.conf, and having looked up a number of the
cards listed therein, on their respective websites, they appear to be of
the 802.11b generation.

Do more modern cards work (well/at all)? I.e. the 802.11g protocol? (I
think I have my alphabet soup right, but what I really mean is 54Mb/s or
108, rather than 11Mb/s).

After having spent many years hating D-Link ISA/PCI ethernet cards, I
have grown fond of their ADSL router equipment, and I was wondering
whether anyone has had a positive experience with one of their PCCard
offerings. Or something else by another maker, I'm not particularly
fussy. I just want something mainstream that I know will work.

Thanks,
David