Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:06:21 -0500
From:      Mike Poor <p00r0ne@digitz.org>
To:        John Gordon <john.gordon@windriver.com>, p00r0ne@digitz.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATI Mobility hell

Thanks for all your quick replies.  Here is the lowdown.

The exact model of laptop: PCG-FX210

What happens is:

I run xf86config and write to file.  I try and startx after checking the file
and the entire screen blanks (black) out.  Everything hangs at that point,
and will sit there till I manually power off.

I had first tried the default X install from sysinstall (I believe it is
3.3.6?) which ended up the same way as this.  I then installed from source,
XF86 4.1, which is currently what I am trying to configure.  I would happily
try something different... in order to get this working.

I also tried to bring over my config file from the linux side, and just
change the font paths (different on the linux side).  Same end result (black
screen).

Thanks for your patience and guidance,

Mike Poor