Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 16:12:24 +0100
From:      Adrian Wontroba <aw1@stade.co.uk>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New sound snapshot (with manpage)

On Sun, Jun 07, 1998 at 09:15:13PM +0200, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> i have a new snapshot of the audio driver at
> 	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd980607.tgz

I've just upgraded my machine from 2.2-stable to 3.0-current by the
source route. Despite what you may read elsewhere, this was easy (8-)

However, current's snd sources are basicly the 15 February version
(though there appear to have been some changes). Unsurprisingly, my
Vibra16X doesn't work too well.

Just untarring the snd980607 package over isa/snd results in compilation
errors (I've not kept these but can of course do it again).

Does anybody have any advice about locally merging the latest snd driver
with current, or even news about when it may happen to -current itself?

--
Adrian Wontroba, Stade Computers Limited.       phone:  (+44) 121 681 6677
Mail info@accu.org for information about the Association of C and C++ Users