Date:      Sun, 02 May 1999 15:54:13 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Dispatcher <dispatch@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -stable vs -current (was Re: solid NFS patch #6... )

> And it wasn't until 2.2.5 that I saw an official note saying "2.1.7
> users should upgrade now."  I won't upgrade my mission-critical
> systems until I see a similar notice from Jordan or someone in his
> place.
>
> For mission-critical systems, I'm still installing 2.2.8-stable.

And I can only echo these sentiments.  I've never made a secret of the
fact that ".5" is always the best time to jump on board any branch in
this project and it's been that way since practically the beginning.
There's even a later snapshot release of the 2.2 branch on the FreeBSD
Toolkit for people who continue to subscribe to this philosophy. :)

- Jordan