Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:55:01 +0100
From:      Pep <pep@ticketweb.co.uk>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Porters handbook

Hi,
	I have been trying to use the pkg_create, pkg_add, pkg_delete, pkg_update and
pkg_info tools in order to make the roll out of our in-house code easier
across multiple servers.

Whilst the whole thing works I am having extreme difficulty in trying to add a
package verion number so that we can release new versions of our software
using pkg_update instead of pkg_delete followed by pkg_add.

The only place I can find reference to the version number architecture is in
the ports make file but our software does not fit in to the ports tree so I
cannot use that.

Could you tell me how the makefile ultimately applies the version, revision
and epoch to the package name so that I can use this feature?

Thanks,
Pep.

--
Peter Walker
R&D Manager

TicketWeb Uk (Ltd)
48 Leicester Square
London WC2H 7LR

Tel: 020 7344 4000
Fax: 020 7915 0411

This e-mail and any attachment contain information which is private and
confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not an
addressee, you are not authorised to read, copy or use the e-mail or any
attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by return e-mail and then destroy it.