Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:17:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kyle <freebsd@sysmach.com>
To:        Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: text based browser + /stand/sysinstall problems.

Thanks for the reply Francisco,

I downloaded the 4.2-release.iso i am i remembered right. and it was around 639 megs.

i did a /stand/sysinstall and guess what. now my whole freebsd is messed up.

when i boot, i get all sorts of error messages about mounting / and stuff. i can't remember exactly what they are (i'm at work now), but i will remember to copy those messages when i get home.

right now, when i boot into freebsd, i get tonnes of error messages, and then it finally asks me if i want to load the shell, and i hit enter. I noticed that it didnt show the login prompt anymore.

now, when i do a ls, it says command not found. as a matter of fact, i did a uname -a and that didnt work too. even a shutdown -r now didnt work ! i had to hit control alt del. and all these problems started after i typed the magic line, /stand/sysinstall

I have no clue what hit me, or how do i fix it. :/

--- Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>