Date:      Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:44:16 -1000
From:      Tim Newsham <tim.newsham@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: page fault in kernel

> So anyway, going to try a big overnight build to see if that has
> completely resolved the issue or not.

things are looking good so far.  Looks like rearranging and
reseating the ram addressed the problem.  *phew*

This is getting a little off topic, but any idea what might
be wrong given how burnMMX is failing?  Sounds like its
at least not the primary cache.  The fact that reseating
or rearranging the RAM made it work makes me think that
its not the secondary either.  If it turns out that it happens
only in specific RAM slots, then what would it most likely be?

I ask because I'm wondering if replacing the CPU module would
address the issue completely or if it might be something else
on the motherboard.

--
Tim Newsham | www.thenewsh.com/~newsham | thenewsh.blogspot.com