Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 2017 17:30:04 +0100
From:      Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-mips@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org" <embedded@freebsd.org>, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>, Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Minor MIPS tree pruning

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:10:11 -0700
Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:

> I'd like to propose that we eliminate support for the following before the
> FreeBSD 12 branch.
>
> adm5120 (most boards don't have enough memory, very old)
> alchemy (the au1xxxx port never really was finished, and boards lack
> memory, very old)
> idt (only a few boards worked, most are long obsolete)
> rt305x (raylink kit is now out dated, at least I think so)

 Olimex still sell rt5350 board (those two are quite the same SoC) :
 https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/RT5350F/RT5350F-OLinuXino/open-source-hardware

 I did port FreeBSD on it almost three years ago
(https://www.bidouilliste.com/blog/2015/07/22/FreeBSD-on-Olimex-RT5350F-OLinuXino/
) but I don't remember if any of my code when into the tree but we have
support from it based on the work from sgalabov@

 It doesn't mean I've objecting to the removal, I have no interest in
mips and I don't even know the actual support on it.