Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:02:09 +0100 (CET)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   emacs-devel glib-warning

Hello!

I considered switching from emacs23 to emacs24 over the
christmas-holidays.. So I removed emacs23 and installed emacs-devel via
ports. Emacs runs fine, in terminal, but it crashes my whole X-system when
I try to start it as X-client... The error message tells me that there is
a glib-problem: "GLib-WARNING **: In call to g_spawn_sync(), exit status
of a child process was requested but SIGCHLD action was set to SIG_IGN and
ECHILD was received by waitpid(), so exit status can't be returned. This
is a bug in the program calling g_spawn_sync(); either don't request the
exit status, or don't set the SIGCHLD action."

I have emacs-devel installed, and glib-2.28.8_2.

I am runnig xmonad as WM, but it happened on awesome as well..

Does anyone know what I can do to get emacs to work as X-client? ;)

Thanks in advance!
Greetings from rainy Cologne,
1126